Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Strawberries 'n' "Cream" Tart!



I'll be honest, this creation was complete luck. I had some dates lying around and thought, "why not try and make something a little different?". So i raided the cupboards grabbing anything and everything I thought might make a yummy treat, and thus the Strawberries 'n' "Cream tart was born. Luckily I remembered everything I put in, so i can share this delicious recipe with you guys!


Did I mention it was non-vegan mum & dad approved? ;)
Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Base:

  • 6 medjool dates
  • 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour

Filling:
  • 1/4 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
  • 2 small, ripe bananas
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar (not compulsory, but adds a delicious caramelised taste!)
  • 1/4 cup raspberries
  • 3 strawberries
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Top:
  • Strawberries!

Method
- Combine base ingredients in a food processor, then spread at the bottom of a small cake tin (mine was about cm), making sure that there is enough up the sides so all the filling doesn't spill out!
- Combine the filling ingredients and pour on top of the base. (You may have a little left over...i just ate it by the spoonful!)
- Slice the strawberries and place them on top
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight, then store in the fridge for 2 or so days! (Except I can bet you it won't last that long!)


1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious! I have never tried a raw desert but I think I will be going home and making this! x

    https://thenewbieof94.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete